ASP web page with ADO

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Otuatail, Dec 3, 2003.

  1. Otuatail

    Otuatail Guest

    Can anyone tell me how to use access with a web page (ASP)
    I have some code that uses SQL server, and I have made a few changes
    Please anyone

    Paul

    Here it is -------------------------------------
    ADODB.txt

    <%@ Language=VBScript %>
    <%
    dsn = Application("Temp2")
    Set connection = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
    connection.ConnectionTimeout = Application("ConnectionTimeout")
    connection.Open dsn
    sql = "SELECT * FROM People"
    OpenRecordset sql,Conn,rs
    %>

    <HTML>
    <BODY>
    <form action="Update.asp" method="post">
    <input type="input" Name="Code" Value="<%=rs("Name")%>" size="4" readonly>
    </form>
    </BODY>
    </HTML>

    ------------------------------------
    Access
    Database = DB1
    Table = People
    Field = Name
    Thanks

    Otuatail, Dec 3, 2003

  2. Otuatail wrote:
    > Can anyone tell me how to use access with a web page (ASP)
    > I have some code that uses SQL server, and I have made a few changes
    > dsn = Application("Temp2")

    Whatever you have in Application("Temp2") should be changed to a valid
    connection string for your mdb.

    oledb is better than odbc
    dsnless is more flexible than using a dsn.

    Resources:
    http://asp101.com
    http://www.razza.com/support/kbarticle.asp?ID=2

    --