    if all the links work fine. there are so many links and I can not click each
    and every one. Is there good automation tool.

    thanks

    abcd, Mar 27, 2007

  2. abcd

    Evertjan. Guest

    abcd wrote on 27 mrt 2007 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > I have a company web site which has asp pages and html pages. We have
    > build a new site and I am doing QA for that. How can I test that web
    > site to check if all the links work fine. there are so many links and
    > I can not click each and every one. Is there good automation tool.

    An idea is do that clientside, say with a wscript script in vbs or jscript,
    likde a mini crawler engine, and ASP, being a serverside platform for
    scripting, that way is not involved. So that way is off topic on this NG.

    You could involve ASP to do it serverside, I think,
    by changing all links to a serverside function, that adds each url to a
    database together with the calling pages url, when the page is requested.
    [possibly only at that page's request from your private clientside IP?]

    Then you can build and use an ASP coded page only used by you, that checks
    those url's for dead links whenever you want.

    The easiest and often used way is to kindly ask users to report any dead
    links to a special email address.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.