ASP WebClassRuntime and Windows2000 SP4 Problem

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Andy \(ABA\), Aug 28, 2003.

  1. Andy \(ABA\)

    Andy \(ABA\) Guest

    Hi All
    I have different WebApplications running on Windows2000 Servers without
    problems since years now. Since the Administrators recently started to
    install Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 the WebApps doesn't work anymore. The
    First request of a page returns the Error "An internal exception has
    occurred" thrown by the WebClass Runtime, all other page requests doesn't
    receive any response at all (IE seams to "hang").

    I found two Knowledge Base Articles (KB821546
    (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821546) and
    KB304071 -
    (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;304071)), but it
    doesn't help me to solve the Problem (It is no Security or Language specific
    Problem as described there).

    Has anyone a solution for that problem? Is there a newer WebClass Runtime
    (MSWCRUN.dll) than 6.0.88.4 contained in VB6 SP5?

    Thanks
    Andy
    Andy \(ABA\), Aug 28, 2003