Asp Wildcard

Dear all, if in asp. i wanna to use the command request.querystring to
check the URl. For example, my item when passing to next form will be
either 4 or 6 character. How do i tell asp what to do if the string pass
4 character and if it pass 6 character.

My code example for 4 character is A100, 6 character is A10001.
different number of character will have to perform different task for
me.

I try to use "?" as wildcard but it fail
Btw if i had stored chiense character in ACCESS, but when it go thru asp
n display on IE, it show "???" instead of the chinese character

cheers

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

I'm not sure about the Chinese character thing, but as far as the length of
a querystring value,

where url is: /page.asp?theName=A100
<%
sVal = Request.Querystring("theName")
Select Case Len(sVal)
Case 4
Response.Write "This is where the code for a length of 4 should
go."
Case 6
Response.Write "This is where the code for a length of 6 should
go."
Case Else
Response.Write "This is where the ""else"" code should go."
End Select
%>

Ray at home

Evertjan.

Ray Costanzo [MVP] wrote on 12 okt 2004 in
<%
sVal = Request.Querystring("theName")

I am not sure about the halachic value of this,
though it is valid vbscript.

[please disregard if you do not care for halachic issues]