    code example somewhere?

    Thanks

    Regards

    John, Sep 10, 2006

  2. John

    Siva M Guest

    IMHO, No.

    "John" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    Hi

    Is it possible to use asp.net membership/login control with pure asp i.e.
    user logs in using login control and then asp can use it somehow? Is there a
    code example somewhere?

    Thanks

    Regards

    Siva M, Sep 10, 2006

  3. Hi,

    yes you can do that - ASP.NET 2.0 has some plumbing to do forms authentication
    and then bounce the requests to the ASP ISAPI - i wrote a little bit about
    it here:

    http://www.leastprivilege.com/ProtectingNonASPNETResourcesWithASPNET20.aspx

    (especially the 2nd part about DefaultHttpHandler)

    One problem though, to communication username and roles to ASP - you have
    to use HTTP headers. But you also have to protect them, e.g. using a MAC.
    Otherwise someone from the outside could send bogus headers with the same
    name and to a privilege escalation attack.

    I have detailed all steps in my upcoming book (sorry available in 2 weeks)
    http://www.microsoft.com/mspress/books/9989.asp

    But feel free to ask.

    ---
    Dominick Baier, DevelopMentor