    I would like to ask how can I apply SSL to a ASP page?? I have read the
    OpenSSL page but I really don't understand what's going on....Please kindly
    advise...
    Chris, Jan 29, 2004

  2. "Chris" <> wrote in message
    news:bvan5d$...
    > I would like to ask how can I apply SSL to a ASP page?? I have read the
    > OpenSSL page but I really don't understand what's going on....Please

    kindly
    > advise...

    OpenSSL is something to use when you have an Apache webserver.
    IIS4/5/6 can support SSL if you install a server certicate.
    My favorite is from www.thawte.com using their wizard. Keep a safe copy of
    every request, pay them the certificate, and install the certificate.
    Windows will automatically install the certificate when you download it. In
    IIS you only need to select (using the securtity tab for your website) the
    imported certificate.

    After that https://www.yoursite.com works (where yoursite is of course your
    website)...
    Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\), Jan 29, 2004

  3. Chris

    Chris Guest

    icic...thanks for your detail explaination!!

    Cheers!

    "Egbert Nierop (MVP for IIS)" <>

    Chris, Jan 30, 2004