ASP with XML

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Tim:., Apr 5, 2004.

  1. Tim:.

    Tim:. Guest

    Hi Can someone explain to me how I can do the following

    I have an xml document that has a START and FINISH node. These nodes contain start and finish dates for a project. I would like to convert the dates so they are shown as a value instead of a date

    E.G:
    Start = 2004-04-05T08:00:0
    Finish = 2004-04-07T17:00:0

    So what I want to do is convert the start to finish to represent a numeric value where 1 day = 16 and 12 hours = 8, how do I go about doing this and then submiting the value to an xsl document

    At the moment I have a xml document with all the data, and xslt document and an asp document which creates the XHTML code on the server

    ....::: AS
    <%@LANGUAGE="VBSCRIPT" CODEPAGE="1252"%><
    'Load XM
    set xml = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM"
    xml.async = fals
    xml.load(Server.MapPath("ProjectTEST.xml")

    'Load XS
    set xsl = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM"
    xsl.async = fals
    xsl.load(Server.MapPath("GantChartView.xsl")

    'Transform fil
    Response.Write(xml.transformNode(xsl)
    %

    ....:: XM

    <Project><Name>Test.xml</Name><Title>View</Title><Task><ID>1</ID><Start>2004-04-05T08:00:00</Start><Finish>2004-04-07T17:00:00</Finish></Task></Project

    ...:: XSL

    Need the value for a day here

    EG from above 3 Working Days: Value = 4

    Thanks for any advice