asp:Wizard inside of a asp:FormView breacks two-way databinding (Round 2)

Douglas J. Badin

Earlier this month, there was a posting about this without a definitive
answer.

If you place a Wizard inside a FormView's EditItemTemplate the bound fields
contained within the View will display the data from the fields to which
they are bound; yet they will return null values when the 'Update'
LinkButton is clicked.

The responder thought this might have something to do with naming
containers. If so, this is similar to an issue in Beta 2, Bug ID:
FDBK27772,
http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/Produ...edbackID=b104cbc3-8a55-4752-8c11-7e93b1d52077,
with
naming containers (multiview, panel, etc) and fixed in a later build.

I checked, and it is works with MultiView.

Did the fix miss the Wizard or does this have nothing to do with naming
containers?

I want to use the built-in features of the Wizard rather than create my own
using MultiView.

Doug