    used withing an ASP application? I'm trying to understand the relationship
    and how XML could be beneficial to me.

    Thx!
    Noozer, Jul 19, 2005

  2. In an ASP application, I think it is more often beneficial to your users
    than to you. For example, I provide an RSS feed of the articles at
    www.aspfaq.com so that people can use their aggregators or other RSS
    subscribers to be alerted whenever there is a new or updated article.

    XML is also often used to share data between segments of an application or
    service, though this is not so common in an ASP application, at least in my
    experience. Part of the app may involve ASP but usually the XML segment is
    between the database and other parties...

    Aaron Bertrand [SQL Server MVP], Jul 19, 2005

  3. Noozer

    Roland Hall Guest

    :
    : Is there someplace I could see a simple example or two of how/why XML is
    : used withing an ASP application? I'm trying to understand the relationship
    : and how XML could be beneficial to me.

    I use XML DOM in ASP.
    http://www.w3schools.com/dom/default.asp

    --
    Roland Hall
    or fitness for a particular purpose. */
    Roland Hall, Jul 19, 2005
  4. Noozer

    Noozer Guest

    > "Noozer" wrote in message news:kLWCe.1980046$6l.1089660@pd7tw2no...
    > : I'm fairly new to ASP (but not programming in general) and I've seen
    > several
    > : references to using XML with ASP.
    > :
    > : Is there someplace I could see a simple example or two of how/why XML is
    > : used withing an ASP application? I'm trying to understand the
    > relationship
    > : and how XML could be beneficial to me.
    >
    > I use XML DOM in ASP.
    > http://www.w3schools.com/dom/default.asp

    One quick question... Is this an IE only thing? The few samples I've tried
    on the w3schools site don't work in Firefox, but work fine in IE.

    Thx
    Noozer, Jul 19, 2005
  5. Noozer

    Roland Hall Guest

    "Noozer" wrote in message news:hR%Ce.271748$El.22167@pd7tw1no...
    :
    : "Roland Hall" <nobody@nowhere> wrote in message
    : news:...
    : > "Noozer" wrote in message news:kLWCe.1980046$6l.1089660@pd7tw2no...
    : > : I'm fairly new to ASP (but not programming in general) and I've seen
    : > several
    : > : references to using XML with ASP.
    : > :
    : > : Is there someplace I could see a simple example or two of how/why XML
    is
    : > : used withing an ASP application? I'm trying to understand the
    : > relationship
    : > : and how XML could be beneficial to me.
    : >
    : > I use XML DOM in ASP.
    : > http://www.w3schools.com/dom/default.asp
    :
    : One quick question... Is this an IE only thing? The few samples I've tried
    : on the w3schools site don't work in Firefox, but work fine in IE.

    That's because FF sucks! (O:=

    No worries mate. Everything is server-side so the browser doesn't matter.

    Roland Hall, Jul 19, 2005