asp:xml web control transformed result not as it should be

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Jacques, Jun 8, 2004.

  1. Jacques

    Jacques Guest

    Hi there,

    I'm using the asp:xml web control to transform an xml doc that is in the
    form of a quote.

    The quote.xml has an agreements node which the xslt file picks up, formats
    and puts somewhere on the resulting html.

    Thing is this. When I use the xml/xslt files in a program like Xselerator or
    any other method, the node is found and transformed. However using a simple
    webform with a xml web control to transform the xml using the exact same
    files, the agreements node data just doesn't show on the result page.

    I've tried a span of things and nothing is working.

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks
    Jacques
    Jacques, Jun 8, 2004

  2. Jacques

    ranganh Guest

    Dear Jacques

    The attachment didnt come

    can you please put the xslt code just in this forum

    thanks

    ----- Jacques wrote: ----

    Here you go, hope you use WinRar if not I'll drop it in as normal files

    See the thing is I've tested the xslt and it works

    In this rar I've added samples of the xml/xslt files and a sample aspx pag
    so you can see what happens. If you have some other tool (like Xselerator
    to run the transform, you'll see that at the bottom of the quote a lin
    should appear saying something like "This order has been placed against th
    following agreement number: mmll22511624564" Something like that

    But when it's run in the aspx page using the xml web control it's nowhere t
    be found

    Thanks again

    "ranganh" <> wrote in messag
    > Hi Jacques
    >> If you could put your xslt code, it would be easy to pick out whatz th

    problem. asp:xml works pretty cool as the traditional transformation method
    >> may be something is missing in the xslt file
    >> thanks
    >> ----- Jacques wrote: ----
    >> Hi there
    >> I'm using the asp:xml web control to transform an xml doc that is i

    th
    > form of a quote
    >> The quote.xml has an agreements node which the xslt file picks up

    format
    > and puts somewhere on the resulting html
    >> Thing is this. When I use the xml/xslt files in a program lik

    Xselerator o
    > any other method, the node is found and transformed. However using

    simpl
    > webform with a xml web control to transform the xml using the exac

    sam

    ranganh, Jun 8, 2004