    Thanks.
    CTA.

    , Jan 3, 2005

  2. Peter Flynn Guest

    See the FAQ, question C.27: http://www.ucc.ie/xml#usecdata
    (static mirror at http://www.silmaril.ie/xml)

    > 2. I am using dot matrix printer to print html files. How do I make
    > report print fast using font families. Currently I am using
    > font-family="monospace", seems like it has no effects.
    > please help with this.

    Monospace makes your browser use its default monospace font, which
    is probably set to a font requiring graphical printing. Try setting
    your monospace font default in your browser to one of the fonts
    which came with your printer driver (usually dummies to equate to
    the built-in fonts of your printer, which print much faster).

    If that doesn't work, open the HTML output using Mozilla Firefox, and
    pick File | Save As and choose TEXT. Save the file as filename.txt
    and then open a DOS window (command window), go to the directory where
    you saved the file, and type PRINT /B filename.TXT (I think this still
    works in XP, but it's been a long time since I had to use Windows).
    This used to be a good way to bypass the graphical print queue.

    ///Peter

    Peter Flynn, Jan 3, 2005