    how do i zip 20 text files in asp then present a download link.
    thanks.
    i'm using windows 2003
    Carol, Jul 29, 2004

  2. Aaron [SQL Server MVP], Jul 29, 2004

  3. Carol

    Carol Guest

    why would I need a component, when I have zip capability built right into my
    windows 2003 serverOS ?
    How do I use that?

    Carol, Jul 29, 2004
  4. I don't know, can you find any references to accessing this capability
    through an API? I couldn't.

    --
    http://www.aspfaq.com/
    (Reverse address to reply.)

    Aaron [SQL Server MVP], Jul 29, 2004
  5. Carol

    Steven Burn Guest

    Are you talking about the same one that was introduced into XP.......?

    --

    Regards

    Steven Burn
    Ur I.T. Mate Group
    www.it-mate.co.uk

    Keeping it FREE!

    Steven Burn, Jul 29, 2004
  6. Carol

    Carol Guest

    yes

    Carol, Jul 30, 2004
  7. Carol

    Steven Burn Guest

    Aslong as you have given sufficient permissions to your server, you should
    be able to access it via VBScript.... though you'd need to check the MSDN
    VBScript reference to confirm it......

    Personally I'd not advise using it though as it's no-where near as complete
    or reliable as dedicated zip component's.

    --

    Regards

    Steven Burn
    Ur I.T. Mate Group
    www.it-mate.co.uk

    Keeping it FREE!

    Steven Burn, Jul 30, 2004
  8. > Aslong as you have given sufficient permissions to your server, you should
    > be able to access it via VBScript.... though you'd need to check the MSDN
    > VBScript reference to confirm it......

    I actually don't think there's any API or other interface to it, so I don't
    think you can get to it programmatically, unless you can find all the system
    calls that are made behind the scenes when you use it in the GUI. Even if
    it were trivial (which I doubt), you would likely have to run the ASP page
    as a highly elevated user / administrator...

    Aaron [SQL Server MVP], Jul 30, 2004
  9. Carol

    Carol Guest

    ok thanks

    Carol, Jul 30, 2004
  10. Carol

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 04:11:40 +0100, "Steven Burn" <>
    wrote:

    >Aslong as you have given sufficient permissions to your server, you should
    >be able to access it via VBScript.... though you'd need to check the MSDN
    >VBScript reference to confirm it......

    I sure don't see any references for it, no API's listed at all. But
    then, I won't vouch for anything not existing on MSDN just because a
    search on MSDN didn't find it. :)

    BTW, Google didn't turn up anything either.

    Jeff
    Jeff Cochran, Jul 30, 2004
  11. > I sure don't see any references for it, no API's listed at all. But
    > then, I won't vouch for anything not existing on MSDN just because a
    > search on MSDN didn't find it. :)
    >
    > BTW, Google didn't turn up anything either.

    (I asked internally also, and was told there is no API. They pointed me at
    Java and components instead.)

    Aaron [SQL Server MVP], Jul 30, 2004