ASP

Gordon

I'm new to ASP, and this is probably a real dumb question,
but: I'm trying to use ASP to display the contents of a
recordset that I've queried. I use the following code:

Response.Write "<TD align=left><INPUT TYPE=TEXT NAME=D1
VALUE=" & objRS.Fields("D1_Requestor") & "></TD>"

My question is: how do I tell ASP to write the needed
double quotation marks which should go around the textbox
NAME (D1)?

Thanks in advance,
Gordon

Jeff Cochran

I'm new to ASP, and this is probably a real dumb question,
but: I'm trying to use ASP to display the contents of a
recordset that I've queried. I use the following code:

Response.Write "<TD align=left><INPUT TYPE=TEXT NAME=D1
VALUE=" & objRS.Fields("D1_Requestor") & "></TD>"

My question is: how do I tell ASP to write the needed
double quotation marks which should go around the textbox
NAME (D1)?

Use single quotes or just use double quotes twice. As in:

Name='D1'
Name =""D1""

Jeff

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

To write a " character in VB Script, the way to "escape" it is by putting
two " characters where you want one. IE.

Response.Write "<TD align=left><INPUT TYPE=TEXT NAME=D1 VALUE=""" &
objRS.Fields("D1_Requestor") & """></TD>"

Ray at work