    so.... Is there somewhere a good site to learn to work with ASP (I prefer in
    Dutch)

    Marc

    Marc, Oct 3, 2004

  2. Marc

    Steven Burn Guest

    Any server that supports ASP will do (e.g. IIS - www.microsoft.com/iis -
    comes with Windows 2000/XP Pro and Server 2003). I believe others such as
    Apache, also support it, but they require an additional "plugin" to be
    present first (can't remember the name of it unfortunately).

    As for site's, the best one IMHO is ASPFAQ - www.aspfaq.com

    --

    Regards

    Steven Burn
    Ur I.T. Mate Group
    www.it-mate.co.uk

    Keeping it FREE!

    Steven Burn, Oct 3, 2004

  3. Marc

    Roland Hall Guest

    "Steven Burn" wrote in message news:...
    : Any server that supports ASP will do (e.g. IIS - www.microsoft.com/iis -
    : comes with Windows 2000/XP Pro and Server 2003). I believe others such as
    : Apache, also support it, but they require an additional "plugin" to be
    : present first (can't remember the name of it unfortunately).

    Sun's Chili!Soft but it is not completely compatible with IIS ASP.

    --
    Roland Hall
    or fitness for a particular purpose. */

    Roland Hall, Oct 3, 2004
  4. Marc

    Steven Burn Guest

    hehe, thats the one!!!..... (knew it had something to do with food, lol)

    --

    Regards

    Steven Burn
    Ur I.T. Mate Group
    www.it-mate.co.uk

    Keeping it FREE!

    Steven Burn, Oct 3, 2004
  5. Marc

    Marc Guest

    Thanks for the information. I think I'll have to change my server? For this
    moment I'm working with www.globat.com wich is very cheap and supports MYSQL
    but no ASP...
    Wich (cheap and good) server would you guys sugest?

    Marc

    Marc, Oct 3, 2004
  6. Marc

    Steven Burn Guest

    Which version of Windows are you using?

    --

    Regards

    Steven Burn
    Ur I.T. Mate Group
    www.it-mate.co.uk

    Keeping it FREE!

    Steven Burn, Oct 3, 2004
  7. Marc

    Marc Guest

    I'm using Windows XP

    Marc

    Marc, Oct 3, 2004
  8. Marc

    Steven Burn Guest

    Home or Pro? (XP Pro has IIS included already and I believe you can download
    it from the MS site for Home?)

    --

    Regards

    Steven Burn
    Ur I.T. Mate Group
    www.it-mate.co.uk

    Keeping it FREE!

    Steven Burn, Oct 3, 2004
  9. "Steven Burn" <> wrote in message
    > I believe you can download
    > [IIS] from the MS site for Home?)

    This was only true for a very brief period of time shortly after XP was
    released. There is currently no supported way of installing IIS on XP Home.

    Personally, I feel that if you're going to do professional things like
    create Web applications, you should have a professional operating system.
    :]

    Ray at home

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Oct 4, 2004
  10. Marc

    Steven Burn Guest

    > Personally, I feel that if you're going to do professional things like
    > create Web applications, you should have a professional operating system.
    > :]

    hehe, so DOS is out of the question then? <g>

    --

    Regards

    Steven Burn
    Ur I.T. Mate Group
    www.it-mate.co.uk

    Keeping it FREE!

    message news:...

    Steven Burn, Oct 4, 2004
  11. Marc

    Steven Burn Guest

    As Ray has just pointed out IIS is not available for XP Home, incase this is
    what you are running, I'd personally reccomend KF Web Server (note however,
    this requires ActiveHTML to be installed aswell for ASP support
    (unfortunately, the ActiveHTML homepage appears to be down atm))

    http://www.keyfocus.net/kfws/

    Been a while since I've used it myself now as I have XP Pro with IIS, but I
    loved it when I had it......

    --

    Regards

    Steven Burn
    Ur I.T. Mate Group
    www.it-mate.co.uk

    Keeping it FREE!

    Steven Burn, Oct 4, 2004
  12. Marc

    Marc Guest

    At home I have windows XP (pro) but my question was "Do you know a good
    server?" For this moment I'm working with www.globat.com and they are using
    Linux but as far as I know they do not support ASP. So... do you know a good
    server (once again).

    Yours Sincerely,

    Marc
    http://www.steenbrugge.com

    "Ray Costanzo [MVP]" <my first name at lane 34 dot commercial> schreef in
    bericht news:...

    Marc, Oct 4, 2004
  13. Marc

    Steven Burn Guest

    If you have XP Pro then you have a server already!!

    Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs > Add/Remove Windows
    Components

    Tick "Internet Information Services (IIS)"

    Click Next etc.... (you'll need your Windows CD)

    Once installed, you can access it via the Administrative Tools menu.

    --

    Regards

    Steven Burn
    Ur I.T. Mate Group
    www.it-mate.co.uk

    Keeping it FREE!

    Steven Burn, Oct 4, 2004
  14. Marc

    Mark Schupp Guest

    I believe he means a good ISP to put a public site on. We don't use one so I
    don't have an opinion.

    --
    Mark Schupp
    Head of Development

    Mark Schupp, Oct 4, 2004
  15. Marc

    Steven Burn Guest

    Oh right, lol...... in that case, Inspiratech 2000 Ltd wins hands down for
    me (been using them for years and love them ;o)).

    www.inspiratech.uk.com

    --

    Regards

    Steven Burn
    Ur I.T. Mate Group
    www.it-mate.co.uk

    Keeping it FREE!

    Steven Burn, Oct 4, 2004
  16. Marc

    ebirbals Guest

    You can get windows hosting from us
    Rs. 850/- yearly
    105 MB total space
    5 MB storage space
    5 emails

    1 Email = 20 MB
    Total Web Space = Web Space in MB + (No.of Emails x 20) MB

    if you are interested...just contact

    Pawan Bangar,
    Birbals,
    India.

    ebirbals, Oct 4, 2004
  17. Marc

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 11:02:42 GMT, "Marc" <> wrote:

    >At home I have windows XP (pro) but my question was "Do you know a good
    >server?" For this moment I'm working with www.globat.com and they are using
    >Linux but as far as I know they do not support ASP. So... do you know a good
    >server (once again).

    You were looking in Dutch I beleive, so these may not help.
    Otherwise, these are quite popular:

    maximumasp.com
    interland.com
    webhost4life.com

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Oct 4, 2004
  18. Marc

    ah Guest

    I am running Windows XP Professional.
    I am doing the msdn asp tutorial.
    It says: type http://<Your Server Name>/Tutorial/Example1.asp in the address
    bar.
    As you suggested, I installed IIS but I still don't know where to find my
    server name.

    ah, Oct 5, 2004
  19. Marc

    Tim Slattery Guest

    "ah" <> wrote:

    >I am running Windows XP Professional.
    >I am doing the msdn asp tutorial.
    >It says: type http://<Your Server Name>/Tutorial/Example1.asp in the address
    >bar.
    >As you suggested, I installed IIS but I still don't know where to find my
    >server name.

    If you're running a server on the same machine where your browser is
    running, use "localhost".

    --
    Tim Slattery
    MS MVP(DTS)