    [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The text, ntext, and image
    data types cannot be compared or sorted, except when using IS NULL or LIKE
    operator.
    Test, Jan 20, 2005

  2. Test

    [MSFT] Guest

    Hello,

    First you need to make sure the password is not encrypted in the database
    from the Vendor. To authenticate the password, you cannot use a Select
    Query like "select * from table where name='..' and password='...'"
    directly. You can get the password by user name first, like "select
    password from table where name='..'". And then convert the binary data into
    a string and compare with user input in your ASP code.

    Luke
    [MSFT], Jan 21, 2005

  3. Test

    Test Guest