asp

Test

Vendor software set password field as binary in sql server 2000

I would like to write asp to check the user name and password

how can i check and match that field?

it shows errors when match with binary field

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80040E14)
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The text, ntext, and image
data types cannot be compared or sorted, except when using IS NULL or LIKE
operator.

[MSFT]

Hello,

First you need to make sure the password is not encrypted in the database
from the Vendor. To authenticate the password, you cannot use a Select
Query like "select * from table where name='..' and password='...'"
directly. You can get the password by user name first, like "select
password from table where name='..'". And then convert the binary data into
a string and compare with user input in your ASP code.

Luke