ASP_0147 500_Server_Error

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Mike Gifford, Sep 2, 2003.

  1. Mike Gifford

    Mike Gifford Guest

    After a while of serving asp pages, my web site will just
    randomly stop serving the .asp pages.. it will continue
    serving .htm pages though.

    I get the error "ASP_0147 500_Server_Error" in the
    logfiles and I then need to reboot or restart the web
    publishing service to get it to serve .asp pages again.

    When I stop and start the web publishing service, I get
    the following error in the event log..."A process serving
    application pool 'DefaultAppPool' exceeded time limits
    during shut down. The process id was 'xxxx'."

    The few docs I found on this error suggested changing some
    parameters in the machine.config file which I did with no
    success. The .asp pages I am serving are really
    simple .asp with some includes in them for serving banners.

    This all worked fine until we upgraded to Win2003 IIS 6.0

    Any help is appreciated.

    Mike

    Mike Gifford, Sep 2, 2003