AspCompat causes CCW count to grow

Guest

I noticed today that when I have an ASP.NET web page with AspCompat="true",
the CCW count tracked by the peformance monitor increases every time the page
is loaded. Clicking refresh causes the count to increment. The count grows
into the hundreds before it drops, but it never drops back to 0.

Can anyone explain what's going on? For what managed object is a CCW being
created? What impact will this have on memory usage?

I'm in the midst of trying to resolve some performance/memory issues and I'm
trying to determine to what extent this is playing a role.

This happens under both IIS 5 and 6. The application is using the 1.1
framework with SP1.

Any help/insight would be appreciated. Thanks...

Alvin Bruney [MVP - ASP.NET]

why exactly is your aspcompat flag turned on?

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney - ASP.NET MVP

[Shameless Author Plug]
Now available @ www.lulu.com/owc, Amazon.com etc

Guest

The web page I'm trying to analyze creates VB6 ActiveX components. I noticed
the CCW count was growing, even though I use Marshal.ReleaseComObject. That
was the motivation for creating a completely blank web page with AspCompat
set to True.