AspectJ newbie question

arturs_jurnieks

Hi,

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but I can't seem to find any
newsgroup that caters to AspectJ questions.

I'm trying to implement a pointcut that matches a method call within
some other method call

public void outerMethod() {
... // <-- run advice here
void v = xxx.innerMethod()
}

I can't seem to match the above joinpoint with this:

pointcut pc1():
call(public void outerMethod());

poincut pc2():
cflow(pc1()) &&
call(public void *.innerMethod())

before() returning: pc2() {

Could someone point out where I'm going wrong? Thanks in advance.

IchBin

Hi,

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but I can't seem to find any
newsgroup that caters to AspectJ questions.

I'm trying to implement a pointcut that matches a method call within
some other method call

public void outerMethod() {
... // <-- run advice here
void v = xxx.innerMethod()
}

I can't seem to match the above joinpoint with this:

pointcut pc1():
call(public void outerMethod());

poincut pc2():
cflow(pc1()) &&
call(public void *.innerMethod())

before() returning: pc2() {

Could someone point out where I'm going wrong? Thanks in advance.
If this is for the Eclipse tools project try over at Eclipse..

news.eclipse.org

eclipse.tools.aspectj

You can get a free password to post there under "Request a password" at:
http://www.eclipse.org/newsgroups

Thanks in Advance...
IchBin, Pocono Lake, Pa, USA

-William E. Taylor, Regular Guy (1952-)