AspectJ newbie question

Discussion in 'Java' started by arturs_jurnieks@yahoo.com, Mar 10, 2006.

    Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but I can't seem to find any
    newsgroup that caters to AspectJ questions.

    I'm trying to implement a pointcut that matches a method call within
    some other method call

    public void outerMethod() {
    ... // <-- run advice here
    void v = xxx.innerMethod()
    }

    I can't seem to match the above joinpoint with this:

    pointcut pc1():
    call(public void outerMethod());

    poincut pc2():
    cflow(pc1()) &&
    call(public void *.innerMethod())

    before() returning: pc2() {

    Could someone point out where I'm going wrong? Thanks in advance.
    , Mar 10, 2006

  2. IchBin Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but I can't seem to find any
    > newsgroup that caters to AspectJ questions.
    >
    > I'm trying to implement a pointcut that matches a method call within
    > some other method call
    >
    > public void outerMethod() {
    > ... // <-- run advice here
    > void v = xxx.innerMethod()
    > }
    >

    > I can't seem to match the above joinpoint with this:
    >
    > pointcut pc1():
    > call(public void outerMethod());
    >
    > poincut pc2():
    > cflow(pc1()) &&
    > call(public void *.innerMethod())
    >
    > before() returning: pc2() {
    >
    > Could someone point out where I'm going wrong? Thanks in advance.

    If this is for the Eclipse tools project try over at Eclipse..

    news.eclipse.org

    eclipse.tools.aspectj

    You can get a free password to post there under "Request a password" at:
    http://www.eclipse.org/newsgroups

    Thanks in Advance...
    IchBin, Pocono Lake, Pa, USA

    -William E. Taylor, Regular Guy (1952-)