aspfaq article

Hey Aaron

I used your article on paging on topRS page code, in the loop where you are
building select I confronted with error on my code. I turned ON option
explicit on the getrowsmove.asp so I was forced to dim the i, link, s
variables and it took lot of time to figure because the option explicit did
not throw the error.

Secondly, How do I remove an entire line while using scripting object
FILESYSTEMOBJECT.

thanks

[MSFT]

Hi Gary,

I haven't found the original post in the group. From the description, it
seems you are working on paging in ASP. If so, you can refer following
article:

HOWTO: Page Through a Recordset from ASP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q202125

REgarding the question on FILESYSTEMOBJECT, FSO doesn't support remove a
line from a text file. What we can do is to create a new text file, read
the original file, write the content to the new text and ignore the line
you want to remove. For more information on FSO, you may refer to:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/script56/ht
ml/jsfsotutor.asp

Hope this help,

Luke
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

Aaron Bertrand [MVP]

building select I confronted with error on my code. I turned ON option
explicit on the getrowsmove.asp so I was forced to dim the i, link, s
variables and it took lot of time to figure because the option explicit did
not throw the error.

WHAT error? On WHAT line?
Secondly, How do I remove an entire line while using scripting object
FILESYSTEMOBJECT.

You can't. You would have to build a new string by reading the file and
leaving out the offending line, then overwrite the text file. For a
semi-tutorial on FSO, see http://www.aspfaq.com/2039