    Secondly, How do I remove an entire line while using scripting object
    FILESYSTEMOBJECT.

    thanks

    G, Mar 3, 2004

  2. G

    [MSFT] Guest

    Hi Gary,

    I haven't found the original post in the group. From the description, it
    seems you are working on paging in ASP. If so, you can refer following
    article:

    HOWTO: Page Through a Recordset from ASP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q202125

    REgarding the question on FILESYSTEMOBJECT, FSO doesn't support remove a
    line from a text file. What we can do is to create a new text file, read
    the original file, write the content to the new text and ignore the line
    you want to remove. For more information on FSO, you may refer to:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/script56/ht
    ml/jsfsotutor.asp

    Hope this help,

    Luke
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    rights.)

    [MSFT], Mar 4, 2004

  3. G

    Ray at Guest

    You may want to mention the article id, i.e. show.asp?id=####

    Ray at home

    "G" <> wrote in message
    > Hey Aaron
    >
    > I used your article on paging on topRS page code, in the loop where you

    are
    > building select I confronted with error on my code. I turned ON option
    > explicit on the getrowsmove.asp so I was forced to dim the i, link, s
    > variables and it took lot of time to figure because the option explicit

    did

    Ray at, Mar 4, 2004
  4. > building select I confronted with error on my code. I turned ON option
    > explicit on the getrowsmove.asp so I was forced to dim the i, link, s
    > variables and it took lot of time to figure because the option explicit

    did
    > not throw the error.

    WHAT error? On WHAT line?

    > Secondly, How do I remove an entire line while using scripting object
    > FILESYSTEMOBJECT.

    You can't. You would have to build a new string by reading the file and
    leaving out the offending line, then overwrite the text file. For a
    semi-tutorial on FSO, see http://www.aspfaq.com/2039

    --
    Aaron Bertrand
    SQL Server MVP

    Aaron Bertrand [MVP], Mar 4, 2004
  5. G

    Garyrek Guest

    Hi Luke

    Thank you, please check xml group for my feedback.

    Gary

    Garyrek, Mar 5, 2004