    </HTML>

    Problem: It does not show the time! very basic probably but not for me

    ch Jim

    Jim, Feb 26, 2005

  2. Jim

    Steven Burn Guest

    <HTML>
    <HEAD><TITLE>Test</TITLE></HEAD>
    <BODY>
    the time is <%=FormatDateTime(Now(), 4) %><br>
    the time is <%=FormatDateTime(Time(), 4) %>
    </BODY>
    </HTML>

    I've put an example here for you;

    http://mysteryfcm.plus.com/time.asp

    --
    Regards

    Steven Burn
    Ur I.T. Mate Group
    www.it-mate.co.uk

    Keeping it FREE!

    Steven Burn, Feb 26, 2005

  3. Jim

    Jim Guest

    thanks Steven but it still does not show the time

    Jim, Feb 26, 2005
  4. Jim

    Steven Burn Guest

    What are you seeing when you try it?

    --
    Regards

    Steven Burn
    Ur I.T. Mate Group
    www.it-mate.co.uk

    Keeping it FREE!

    Steven Burn, Feb 26, 2005
  5. Jim

    Jim Guest

    with your example:
    the time is
    the time is

    ch Jim

    Jim, Feb 26, 2005
  6. Jim

    Steven Burn Guest

    Does your server support ASP, and do you have the file in a file with a ..asp extension?

    If yes to both, have you made sure debugging on the clientside is enabled in IIS?

    --
    Regards

    Steven Burn
    Ur I.T. Mate Group
    www.it-mate.co.uk

    Keeping it FREE!

    Steven Burn, Feb 26, 2005
  7. Jim

    Jim Guest

    yes,yes i use iis5. Maybe i should tell you that i also use asp.net..
    how do you turn the debugging on?

    Jim, Feb 26, 2005
  8. Jim

    Steven Burn Guest

    To turn debugging on, open the properties for the site and click the Home Directory tab, then the Configuration button, and then the App Debugging tab and place a tick in "Enable client-side script debugging"

    Note: you may need to stop/start the site in IIS for the changes to take effect (atleast, I've always had to)

    --
    Regards

    Steven Burn
    Ur I.T. Mate Group
    www.it-mate.co.uk

    Keeping it FREE!

    Steven Burn, Feb 26, 2005
  9. Jim

    Jim Guest

    when is try to reach the asp page it says:

    HTTP-error 500 internal server error?

    what could it be?

    Jim, Feb 26, 2005
  10. Jim

    Steven Burn Guest

    Have you checked the Event Viewer to see whats being logged for it? (500 is usually caught in there and should provide some guidance on whats causing it)

    --
    Regards

    Steven Burn
    Ur I.T. Mate Group
    www.it-mate.co.uk

    Keeping it FREE!

    Steven Burn, Feb 26, 2005
  11. Jim

    Steven Burn Guest

    See the following aswell;

    How To Troubleshoot an "HTTP 500 - Internal Server Error" Error Message
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=311766

    #2109 : Why do I get a 500 Internal Server error for all ASP errors?
    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2109

    --
    Regards

    Steven Burn
    Ur I.T. Mate Group
    www.it-mate.co.uk

    Keeping it FREE!

    Steven Burn, Feb 26, 2005
  12. Jim wrote:
    > yes,yes i use iis5. Maybe i should tell you that i also use asp.net..

    Then Steve's answers are not relevant to you. You need to post to a .Net
    group, such as microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Feb 26, 2005
  13. Jim

    Steven Burn Guest

    hehe, I'd not noticed that part :eek:\

    --
    Regards

    Steven Burn
    Ur I.T. Mate Group
    www.it-mate.co.uk

    Keeping it FREE!

    Steven Burn, Feb 26, 2005
  14. Jim

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 08:29:46 -0500, "Bob Barrows [MVP]"
    <> wrote:

    >Jim wrote:
    >> yes,yes i use iis5. Maybe i should tell you that i also use asp.net..

    >Then Steve's answers are not relevant to you. You need to post to a .Net
    >group, such as microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet

    Except the code in question was ASP. :)

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Feb 26, 2005
  15. Jeff Cochran wrote:
    > On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 08:29:46 -0500, "Bob Barrows [MVP]"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Jim wrote:
    >>> yes,yes i use iis5. Maybe i should tell you that i also use
    >>> asp.net..

    >> Then Steve's answers are not relevant to you. You need to post to a
    >> .Net group, such as microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet

    > Except the code in question was ASP. :)

    Does that matter if he's trying to run it in an aspx page?

    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Feb 26, 2005
  16. Jim

    Bob Lehmann Guest

    <playonwords type="ugly">If an ASP executes in the ASPX, and it's not
    supported, does anyone hear it.<playonwords>

    Bob Lehmann

    Bob Lehmann, Feb 26, 2005
  17. Jim

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 13:56:00 -0500, "Bob Barrows [MVP]"
    <> wrote:

    >Jeff Cochran wrote:
    >> On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 08:29:46 -0500, "Bob Barrows [MVP]"
    >> <> wrote:

    >>> Then Steve's answers are not relevant to you. You need to post to a
    >>> .Net group, such as microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet

    >> Except the code in question was ASP. :)
    >>

    >Does that matter if he's trying to run it in an aspx page?

    He said he used ASP.NET, not whether the page was an ASPX file.
    Though he never said it was an ASP file either, so it could be his
    real problem is he's trying this in a HTM/HTML file...

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Feb 26, 2005
  18. Jim

    Jim Guest

    if i try http://mycomputername/localstart.asp then it doesn't display the
    iis welcome page
    The webservices are switched on.

    Jim, Feb 27, 2005
  19. Jim

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 13:01:19 +1100, "Jim" <>
    wrote:

    >if i try http://mycomputername/localstart.asp then it doesn't display the
    >iis welcome page
    >The webservices are switched on.

    Have you tried a "Hello World!" ASP page?

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Feb 27, 2005
  20. Jim

    Jim Guest

    if the iis welcome page does not show up this means that somehow iis cannot
    process asp.pages.
    so even a helloworld page would not work
    the error it shows:

    Server Application Error
    The server has encountered an error while loading an application during the
    processing of your request. Please refer to the event log for more detail
    information. Please contact the server administrator for assistance.

    ch Jim

    Jim, Feb 27, 2005