    being possible here is how or not possible), not a design consultation
    request.
    To anyone else, thank you.

    =?Utf-8?B?cGlja2VkYW5hbWU=?=, Mar 5, 2007

  2. Hi,

    Based on my understanding, your question is how to make the parent menu
    item expand when clicked instead of when hovered on. Let me know if I've
    misunderstood anything.

    I've done some research by digging into the source code of related classes
    using Reflector (http://www.aisto.com/roeder/dotnet/). Unfortunately it's
    not possible for ASP.NET built-in Menu control: if you look into the
    MenuItem.RenderItem code, you will see the the code:

    if ((this.Selectable && this.Enabled) || (this.ChildItems.Count
    != 0))
    {
    writer.AddAttribute("onmouseover",
    "Menu_HoverDynamic(this)");
    this.RenderItemEvents(writer);
    }
    else
    {
    writer.AddAttribute("onmouseover",
    "Menu_HoverDisabled(this)");
    writer.AddAttribute("onmouseout", "Menu_Unhover(this)");
    }

    Also, the click action is used to launch the URL of the menu item, please
    note that a parent menu item could also have a URL associated and clicking
    on it will navigate to the URL.

    Sincerely,
    Walter Wang (, remove 'online.')
    Microsoft Online Community Support

    promptly.

    Walter Wang [MSFT], Mar 6, 2007

  3. Hi Walter,
    I have downloaded Reflector and plugins. Thanks for the answer and for
    the link.

    =?Utf-8?B?cGlja2VkYW5hbWU=?=, Mar 6, 2007