ASPNET 2.0 Application exhibits strange behavior. Method calls return "False" until we recycle appl

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Dan D., Sep 12, 2006.

  1. Dan D.

    Dan D. Guest

    We are running an IIS Server on W2K3 Server. We have 20 or 30 ASP.NET 1.1
    applications. Recently I have converted an existing 1.1 application to use
    the 2.0 framework. After testing and a little code reconstruction it was
    ready to post as 2.0. I removed the application from production IIS and
    re-deployed it from VS.NET 2005. I created a new application pool for it
    and set the framework for the application to 2.0.

    The application is calling a common .NET dll component that is used in most
    of our applications. It has a method called "HasObjectAcess". You pass an
    objectID to this method and it returns True or False if the current user has
    access to the object or not.

    Everything works fine for a while and then all of the sudden we get calls
    from our users because they don't see all of the buttons on their web forms.
    Essentially HasObjectAccess is now returning False for all calls made to it
    regardless if the user has access or not.

    A quick fix is we will recycle the application pool and all is well again.
    The application has been in production as a 2.0 application for a week, and
    this has been an issue at least 3 times now.

    Has anyone else run into this sort of behaviour or know what could cause it?

    Is it something to do with the referenced component being a 1.1 component.
    Also, of mention, the referenced component is set to "copy local" and does
    not exist in the 1.1 or 2.0 GAC.

    Dan D., Sep 12, 2006