ASPNET account locked out

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Varro, Feb 27, 2004.

  1. Varro

    Varro Guest

    We have been having a recurring problem with our .NET applications on
    one of our application servers (it is not setup to be a domain
    controller). For some reason the local ASPNET account is getting
    locked out resulting in the following error message in the event log:

    "aspnet_wp.exe could not be launched because the username and/or
    password supplied in the processModel section of the config file are
    invalid."

    If we unlock the account, everything returns to normal. This seems to
    happen about once / day.

    The thing that really bugs me is that the password is set to be
    managed by the OS. (i.e. password="AutoGenerate" in the
    machine.config)

    Does anyone have ideas on what we can do to resolve this. (Without
    setting the password specifically, or using the local system account
    instead)?

    Thanks
    -Varro

    Varro, Feb 27, 2004