ASPNET account locked out

Varro

We have been having a recurring problem with our .NET applications on
one of our application servers (it is not setup to be a domain
controller). For some reason the local ASPNET account is getting
locked out resulting in the following error message in the event log:

"aspnet_wp.exe could not be launched because the username and/or
password supplied in the processModel section of the config file are
invalid."

If we unlock the account, everything returns to normal. This seems to
happen about once / day.

The thing that really bugs me is that the password is set to be
managed by the OS. (i.e. password="AutoGenerate" in the
machine.config)

Does anyone have ideas on what we can do to resolve this. (Without
setting the password specifically, or using the local system account
instead)?

Thanks
-Varro