ASPNET Account not created

ScoutLee

I am running Windows XP Pro, I have IIS installed and I am developing an
asp.net application (VS2002). I didn't have an ASPNET account (system came
with .NET Framework 1.0) so I downloaded and installed v1.1 in hopes that an
ASPNET account would be created. It wasn't. What can I do to get the
account created?

Paul Clement

¤ I am running Windows XP Pro, I have IIS installed and I am developing an
¤ asp.net application (VS2002). I didn't have an ASPNET account (system came
¤ with .NET Framework 1.0) so I downloaded and installed v1.1 in hopes that an
¤ ASPNET account would be created. It wasn't. What can I do to get the
¤ account created?

This machine was never a domain controller was it? It isn't running Server 2003 correct?

If neither of these are true then see the following:

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=827641

Paul ~~~ (e-mail address removed)
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

WJ

Paul Clement said:
On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 21:19:01 -0800, "ScoutLee"

¤ I am running Windows XP Pro, I have IIS installed and I am developing an
¤ asp.net application (VS2002). I didn't have an ASPNET account (system
came
¤ with .NET Framework 1.0) so I downloaded and installed v1.1 in hopes
that an
¤ ASPNET account would be created. It wasn't. What can I do to get the
¤ account created?

This machine was never a domain controller was it? It isn't running Server
2003 correct?

How can a Windows XP Pro be a domain controller to start with ? :)

John

Paul Clement

¤
¤ ¤ > On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 21:19:01 -0800, "ScoutLee"
¤ >
[...]

It can't, unless you confuse it with 2003 Server. I make no assumptions.

Paul ~~~ (e-mail address removed)
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

WJ

Paul Clement said:
message
¤ ¤ > On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 21:19:01 -0800, "ScoutLee"
¤ >
¤ > ¤ I am running Windows XP Pro, I have IIS installed and I am
developing an
¤
¤ > This machine was never a domain controller was it? It isn't running
Server
¤ > 2003 correct?
¤ >
¤
¤ How can a Windows XP Pro be a domain controller to start with ? :)
¤
¤ John
¤

It can't, unless you confuse it with 2003 Server. I make no assumptions.

No, it was you, not me! I was never confused ! I know that the original
poster said that his PC is "XP Pro.". And you asked him this question below:

Paul Clement

¤ ¤ >
¤ > message
¤ > ¤ ¤ > ¤ > On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 21:19:01 -0800, "ScoutLee"
¤ > ¤ >
¤ > ¤ > ¤ I am running Windows XP Pro, I have IIS installed and I am
¤ > developing an
¤ > ¤
¤ ------
¤ "This machine was never a domain controller was it? It isn't running
¤ Server 2003 correct?"
¤ ------
¤
¤ That prompted me throwing out the question to you!..

I think you're confused because I never said you were confused...until now. ;-)

Paul ~~~ (e-mail address removed)
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)