    with .NET Framework 1.0) so I downloaded and installed v1.1 in hopes that an
    ASPNET account would be created. It wasn't. What can I do to get the
    account created?

    ScoutLee, Jan 5, 2005

  2. ScoutLee

    Paul Clement Guest

    On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 21:19:01 -0800, "ScoutLee" <> wrote:

    ¤ I am running Windows XP Pro, I have IIS installed and I am developing an
    ¤ asp.net application (VS2002). I didn't have an ASPNET account (system came
    ¤ with .NET Framework 1.0) so I downloaded and installed v1.1 in hopes that an
    ¤ ASPNET account would be created. It wasn't. What can I do to get the
    ¤ account created?

    This machine was never a domain controller was it? It isn't running Server 2003 correct?

    If neither of these are true then see the following:

    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=827641

    Paul ~~~
    Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

    Paul Clement, Jan 5, 2005

  3. ScoutLee

    WJ Guest

    "Paul Clement" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 21:19:01 -0800, "ScoutLee"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > ¤ I am running Windows XP Pro, I have IIS installed and I am developing an
    > ¤ asp.net application (VS2002). I didn't have an ASPNET account (system
    > came
    > ¤ with .NET Framework 1.0) so I downloaded and installed v1.1 in hopes
    > that an
    > ¤ ASPNET account would be created. It wasn't. What can I do to get the
    > ¤ account created?
    >

    > This machine was never a domain controller was it? It isn't running Server
    > 2003 correct?

    How can a Windows XP Pro be a domain controller to start with ? :)

    John

    WJ, Jan 6, 2005
  4. ScoutLee

    Paul Clement Guest

    On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 22:08:15 -0500, "WJ" <> wrote:

    ¤
    ¤ "Paul Clement" <> wrote in message
    ¤ news:...
    ¤ > On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 21:19:01 -0800, "ScoutLee"
    ¤ > <> wrote:
    ¤ >
[...]

    It can't, unless you confuse it with 2003 Server. I make no assumptions.

    Paul ~~~
    Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

    Paul Clement, Jan 6, 2005
  5. ScoutLee

    > On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 22:08:15 -0500, "WJ" <> wrote:
    >
    > ¤ "Paul Clement" <> wrote in
    > message
    > ¤ news:...
    > ¤ > On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 21:19:01 -0800, "ScoutLee"
    > ¤ > <> wrote:
    > ¤ >
    > ¤ > ¤ I am running Windows XP Pro, I have IIS installed and I am
    > developing an
    > ¤
    > ¤ > This machine was never a domain controller was it? It isn't running
    > Server
    > ¤ > 2003 correct?
    > ¤ >
    > ¤
    > ¤ How can a Windows XP Pro be a domain controller to start with ? :)
    > ¤
    > ¤ John
    > ¤
    >
    > It can't, unless you confuse it with 2003 Server. I make no assumptions.

    No, it was you, not me! I was never confused ! I know that the original
    poster said that his PC is "XP Pro.". And you asked him this question below:
    ------
    "This machine was never a domain controller was it? It isn't running
    Server 2003 correct?"
    ------

    That prompted me throwing out the question to you!..

    John

    WJ, Jan 6, 2005
  6. ScoutLee

    Paul Clement Guest

    On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 18:35:25 -0500, "WJ" <> wrote:

    ¤ "Paul Clement" <> wrote in message
    ¤ news:...
    ¤ > On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 22:08:15 -0500, "WJ" <> wrote:
    ¤ >
    ¤ > ¤ "Paul Clement" <> wrote in
    ¤ > message
    ¤ > ¤ news:...
    ¤ > ¤ > On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 21:19:01 -0800, "ScoutLee"
    ¤ > ¤ > <> wrote:
    ¤ > ¤ >
    ¤ > ¤ > ¤ I am running Windows XP Pro, I have IIS installed and I am
    ¤ > developing an
    ¤ > ¤
    ¤ ------
    ¤ "This machine was never a domain controller was it? It isn't running
    ¤ Server 2003 correct?"
    ¤ ------
    ¤
    ¤ That prompted me throwing out the question to you!..

    I think you're confused because I never said you were confused...until now. ;-)

    Paul ~~~
    Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

    Paul Clement, Jan 7, 2005