ASPNET account not created

FrankP

I am starting to use the ASP.NET Commerce Starter Kit to initiate a website,
and have had an installation error - 'computerName/ASPNET account not found.'.
I am using XP Pro with IIS installed and according to documentation, this
should create the account, but it is not listed - It is needed as even
changing the folder permissions for the root folder to 'Everyone' will not
enable to connection from SQL Server to remote folders.
I have tried installing and uninstalling IIS to no avail. There are some
scripts to create the account but these are marked as suitable for .NET 1.1
only. I have .NET 2.0.
Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this and if there is a fix.

Jeff Cochran

I am starting to use the ASP.NET Commerce Starter Kit to initiate a website...

This is an ASP.NET issue, and you're posting in a Classic ASP forum.
The .NET groups have "dotnet" in the title.

Jeff