    I solved the problem easily, by adding NETWORK SERVICE as a login in SQL Server. However, my question is: Is the ASPNET account obsolete? In which security context are we expected to run ASP.NET apps in the future? When writing a deployment app, am I supposed to check at install time in what security context will my app run in?

    Thanks,
    Ovidiu

    Ovidiu Platon, Nov 17, 2003

  2. In IIS6, ASP.NET no longer has its own account - it inherits from the IIS
    worker process. To guarantee authentication as a particular account, use
    identity impersonate=true in your web.config. Details here:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...tml/cpconconfiguringaspnetprocessidentity.asp

    --
    Chris Jackson
    Software Engineer

    "Ovidiu Platon" <_PART_IS_FAIRLY_INVALID>
    wrote in message news:...
    Hello,

    I have the following problem: I installed a web app on IIS 6 in Win2k3 EE.
    Now, whenever I try to log on to my SQL Service, I get Login failed for user
    'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE'

    Chris Jackson, Nov 17, 2003