ASPNET applications and comunication between with message?

Matej Kavèiè

Hello

I have one question. I see some demos in Share Portal service, where we
have some web part which search for documents but when we press button the
results is also set in other web part.
So my question is if I create 3 ASPNET application, and create 3 frame on
one page in every page is one aspnet application, i click on button on first
application, so is it possible to get some message on other frame so that i
can create some things depend what the user click? How works web part in
this situatuin?

thanks

Matej

DalePres

It all depends on what you're trying to achieve. If you need to do it all
on the client, you'll have to either manually code the javascript in the
ASPX page. I don't remember the exact syntax, but you'd something along
the lines of window.parent.frames[x].document.

You can also use MessageQueue services. I have an application that does
exactly that. The page load event handler listens to the MessageQueue and
receives messages for the client. When a message is received, it sends the
appropriate text/HTML to the client response object. This has to keep the
connection open so it wouldn't scale well, but it works great for what I use
it for.

Dale