AspNet Charting tool recommendations

Igor

Hi all,
I'm looking for a tool that can design charts and save chart definitions in
a file.
I would put those chart definitions in a database and then later load them
and render charts (as images) in asp.net application (using the library from
that tool).
That way I can easily add new charts to my webapp without changing the
asp.net source code.

Any recommendations?
Or suggestions for a better way to achieve this.

Thanks in advance,

Igor

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Hi Igor,

ComponentArt's Webchart does this:

http://www.componentart.com/charting/webChart_overview.aspx

See the StoreTemplate method:

http://www.componentart.com/Library....Charting.WebChart~StoreTemplate(Stream).html

"Stores chart settings to a stream. The output might be used in LoadTemplate
function to restore chart settings.

The template concept makes possible saving and reusing design work involving
all pre-DataBind settings, including color palettes, coordinate systems
setup, frame and titles etc. It allows easy creation of "the same chart with
different data" and can save a lot of time when consistency is needed for a
series of charts or in any other situation where chart standardization is
required. "

[Full disclosure: I've done contract work on ComponentArt's documentation
and samples]

Ken
Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]

bob.milanov

Hi Igor,

You can take a look at Nevron Chart (www.nevron.com) as it has a build
in editor you can use at design time and modify every aspect of the
chart. The component also allows you to serialize/deserialize the
component state in XML or binary format that can be stored in the
database. You can also use serialization filters to selectively
serialize/deserialize content (for example appearance settings
only/data only etc.).

Best regards,
Bob Milanov

P.S. I work at Nevron so I'm obviously biased to the component, but I
can also help you with the integration issues if you meet any.

Igor said:
Hi all,
I'm looking for a tool that can design charts and save chart definitions
in a file.
I would put those chart definitions in a database and then later load them
and render charts (as images) in asp.net application (using the library
from that tool).
That way I can easily add new charts to my webapp without changing the
asp.net source code.

Any recommendations?
Or suggestions for a better way to achieve this.

Thanks in advance,

Igor

contact

Greetings!

At http://www.softwaresigloxxi.com you could look at Super 2d/3d Graph
Library. It doesn't save any record to any database but it can render
charts on ASP.NET pages or Winforms on the fly, without temporary
files. And it's very cheap! About 35$, royalty-free!!

Regards,

Software Siglo XXI team.

Igor ha escrito: