    Or suggestions for a better way to achieve this.

    Thanks in advance,

    Igor

    Igor, Aug 24, 2006

  2. Hi Igor,

    ComponentArt's Webchart does this:

    http://www.componentart.com/charting/webChart_overview.aspx

    See the StoreTemplate method:

    http://www.componentart.com/Library....Charting.WebChart~StoreTemplate(Stream).html

    "Stores chart settings to a stream. The output might be used in LoadTemplate
    function to restore chart settings.

    The template concept makes possible saving and reusing design work involving
    all pre-DataBind settings, including color palettes, coordinate systems
    setup, frame and titles etc. It allows easy creation of "the same chart with
    different data" and can save a lot of time when consistency is needed for a
    series of charts or in any other situation where chart standardization is
    required. "

    [Full disclosure: I've done contract work on ComponentArt's documentation
    and samples]

    Ken
    Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Aug 25, 2006

  3. Igor

    Guest

    Hi Igor,

    You can take a look at Nevron Chart (www.nevron.com) as it has a build
    in editor you can use at design time and modify every aspect of the
    chart. The component also allows you to serialize/deserialize the
    component state in XML or binary format that can be stored in the
    database. You can also use serialization filters to selectively
    serialize/deserialize content (for example appearance settings
    only/data only etc.).

    Best regards,
    Bob Milanov

    P.S. I work at Nevron so I'm obviously biased to the component, but I
    can also help you with the integration issues if you meet any.

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP] wrote:
    > Hi Igor,
    >
    > ComponentArt's Webchart does this:
    >
    > http://www.componentart.com/charting/webChart_overview.aspx
    >
    > See the StoreTemplate method:
    >
    > http://www.componentart.com/Library....Charting.WebChart~StoreTemplate(Stream).html
    >
    > "Stores chart settings to a stream. The output might be used in LoadTemplate
    > function to restore chart settings.
    >
    > The template concept makes possible saving and reusing design work involving
    > all pre-DataBind settings, including color palettes, coordinate systems
    > setup, frame and titles etc. It allows easy creation of "the same chart with
    > different data" and can save a lot of time when consistency is needed for a
    > series of charts or in any other situation where chart standardization is
    > required. "
    >
    > [Full disclosure: I've done contract work on ComponentArt's documentation
    > and samples]
    >
    > Ken
    > Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]
    >

    > "Igor" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi all,
    > > I'm looking for a tool that can design charts and save chart definitions
    > > in a file.
    > > I would put those chart definitions in a database and then later load them
    > > and render charts (as images) in asp.net application (using the library
    > > from that tool).
    > > That way I can easily add new charts to my webapp without changing the
    > > asp.net source code.
    > >
    > > Any recommendations?
    > > Or suggestions for a better way to achieve this.
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance,
    > >
    > > Igor

    , Aug 28, 2006
  4. Igor

    Guest

    Greetings!

    At http://www.softwaresigloxxi.com you could look at Super 2d/3d Graph
    Library. It doesn't save any record to any database but it can render
    charts on ASP.NET pages or Winforms on the fly, without temporary
    files. And it's very cheap! About 35$, royalty-free!!

    Regards,

    Software Siglo XXI team.

    Igor ha escrito:

    > Hi all,
    > I'm looking for a tool that can design charts and save chart definitions in
    > a file.
    > I would put those chart definitions in a database and then later load them
    > and render charts (as images) in asp.net application (using the library from
    > that tool).
    > That way I can easily add new charts to my webapp without changing the
    > asp.net source code.
    >
    > Any recommendations?
    > Or suggestions for a better way to achieve this.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > Igor

    , Aug 28, 2006