    Sunfire Guest

    How do you make it so the aspnet.mdf file doesnt get created even though I
    created a custom provider?

    Sunfire, Nov 10, 2007

  2. Sunfire

    Roland Dick Guest

    Re: aspnet.mdf file still is created even though i created a customprovider?

    Hi sunfire,

    Sunfire schrieb:
    > How do you make it so the aspnet.mdf file doesnt get created even though I
    > created a custom provider?

    did you add a <clear/> to your web.config and set your provider as
    defaultProvider like this:

    <membership defaultProvider="myProvider">
    <providers>
    <clear/>
    <add name="myProvider" (your membership provider)>
    </providers>
    </membership>

    If you're using roleManager, add the clear to the provider list as well.

    Hope this helps,

    Roland

    Roland Dick, Nov 10, 2007