ASPNET Membership

David

Hi all,

I am looking to extend the aspnet membership. Basically, I have two roles,
administrators and supervisors.

The admins will have access to the whole system, while supervisors will only
have access to certain pages.

Below this, each supervisor is only allowed specific detail relative to
their job, so I need to extend the membership to allow a 'section' that the
supervisor belongs to.

I have a cross reference table (a matrix, linking supervisors to sections,
to effectively create a many to many relationship). I was going to link the
matrix table to aspnet_users, but I noticed that when I add a user to a role
within the ASP.NET configuration from within visual studio, more users are
created for the existing user. This means that with my current 3 test users,
I have 6 rows (2 for each user, and that is just adding them to
administrator). Each user ID being different.

So, what should I be using to link to my matrix table? Should it be
aspnet_membership table or another table?

Thanks for your help.

--
Best regards,
Dave Colliver.

Hillbilly

I'll have this to say thinking to keep it simple if possible.

As I recall we may assign a user to many roles. So you could create a
Supervisor Role and then create JobType1, JobType2 and so on using the
LoginView Control to manage the page. You can also look at ScottGu's SQL
Table Profile Provider for your supervisory profile data.