    the permission to drop the table using the mentioned stored procedure. Is
    there any way to assign the permission?

    Thank you.

    pedestrian via DotNetMonster.com, Sep 17, 2007

  2. pedestrian via DotNetMonster.com

    Just Me Guest

    the permissions on the SQL Database will be set by the SQL Administrator. If
    you are that person, you can assign permissions for the NETWORK SERVICE to
    perform this action.

    However, this is normally not a good idea, I would advise that you create a
    domain account for use with this application and set up and application pool
    for your application which uses that account, then you can be sure that no
    one can access your sql data by simply writing code to access that database.

    Alternatively, you could use SQL security with is simply a username and
    password, but this is normally frowned upon these days as a securty issue.

    Just Me, Sep 17, 2007

  3. re:
    !> The issue now is that the default ASPNET identity for asp.net doesn't have
    !> the permission to drop the table using the mentioned stored procedure. Is
    !> there any way to assign the permission?

    Sure.

    Use SQL Server's 2005 User Manager...and assign
    the needed permission to the account's login user.

    Since, apparently, the account has access to the database, but not
    to the specific stored procedure, you don't have to create the login.

    Right-click the user and select "All Tasks" and then "Manage Permissions".
    Scroll down to the stored procedure...and check the "EXEC" option.

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ======================================

    Juan T. Llibre, Sep 17, 2007
  4. Hi Juan. Thanks for replying....

    I'm using SQL Server Express 2005. It seems that I cannot find the User
    manager...
    Is it included in the Express version, anyone please?

    Thanks.

    --
    Regards,
    Pedestrian, Penang.

    pedestrian via DotNetMonster.com, Sep 19, 2007
  5. pedestrian via DotNetMonster.com

    Just Me Guest

    There is a version of the SQL Management Studi shipped with the express
    version.

    http://download.microsoft.com/downl...560-8269-e8fe906ea675/SQLExpressdatasheet.pdf

    Just Me, Sep 19, 2007
  6. re:
    !> Is it included in the Express version, anyone please?

    There's a version of SQL Server Express 2005 which includes
    SQL Server Management Studio Express (SSMSE).

    It's called "SQL Server 2005 Express Edition with Advanced Services".

    You can download it, and also the stand-alone version of SSMSE, at :

    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/express/bb410792.aspx

    Juan T. Llibre, Sep 19, 2007
  7. Thanks for both of you.

    --
    Regards,
    Pedestrian, Penang.

    pedestrian via DotNetMonster.com, Sep 20, 2007