    clobber the connections?

    Thanks in advance

    Robyn

    SusieQ, Aug 25, 2004

  2. It is most certainly possible to run ASP.Net and ASP side-by-side, if that's
    what you're asking. I don't know what you did. "killed all my ODBC
    connections," while colorful, describes nothing. If you can describe what
    you're talking about, perhaps that would help us to figure out what you did
    wrong.

    --
    HTH,
    Kevin Spencer

    Kevin Spencer, Aug 25, 2004

  3. SusieQ

    SusieQ Guest

    Thanks so much. What happened was I installed ASP.Net on the W2K server.
    Then when I went to log in to a page (username, password against an Access
    DB) I kept getting an error, something like the server was busy, I can't
    remember now and of course I've uninstalled the ASP.Net. I tried all the
    databases on the server with different sites, but they all came up with the
    same message. Does this help at all?
    Thanks

    SusieQ, Aug 25, 2004
  4. Well, SusieQ, I think we're making progress. How did you install ASP.Net?
    What exactly do you mean by "log into a page"? Also, what was the exact
    error message you received?

    --
    HTH,
    Kevin Spencer

    Kevin Spencer, Aug 25, 2004
  5. SusieQ

    SusieQ Guest

    Ok I have a web page that askes the user for a username and password.

    Once entered and clicked on the submit button, the loginhandler checks the
    input against usernames and passwords in an access database and if ok
    directs to one part of the site and if not, asks the user to check their
    login information.

    Installed Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1 Redistributable Package on
    the server.

    Once user enters username and password and clicks on Submit, page comes up
    with message -- I believe it was -- Server too busy -- or something like
    this. I can't for the life of me remember the exact message and I
    uninstalled the above package right away because my users were clamoring!!!!

    Is this enough information? I hesitate to install again just for the error
    message, but may have to.

    Robyn

    SusieQ, Aug 25, 2004
  6. It would seem that the MDAC (Microsoft Data Access Components) that comes
    with the .Net Framework is causing some kind of problem with your ODBC
    connections (ODBC is part of MDAC), but I haven't been able to locate any
    online resources that discuss this. Chances are, it's specific to Windows
    2000 Server. Other than that, I'm just about out of ideas. We run Windows
    Server 2003 here.

    --
    HTH,
    Kevin Spencer

    Kevin Spencer, Aug 25, 2004
  7. SusieQ

    SusieQ Guest

    Thanks so much Kevin
    I'm going to install it on another server and see if I can duplicate what
    had happened.

    Robyn

    SusieQ, Aug 25, 2004