ASPNET priviledges to correctly run Crystal Reports

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by M. Simioni, Apr 17, 2005.

  1. M. Simioni

    M. Simioni Guest

    Hi,
    hi followed these KB:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q271071
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q317012

    ASP.NET applications run without problems.
    But, when they try to use Cristal Reports to export to PDF of XLS, i got
    here and there the following exceptions

    " CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.InternalException: Error in File
    ....: The request could not be submitted for background processing. "

    and

    " CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.LoadSaveReportException: Load
    report failed."
    ( here, obviously the ASPNET account access has full control on the
    directory containing the .rpt file, and on the .rpt file too, but this error
    still appears ).

    I'm using WIN2K + IIS5.0 + VS .NET 2003 + FRAMEWORK v1.1.4322.

    if i try to configure the machine.config to use the "SYSTEM" account instead
    of "machine", ASP.NET works without problems, i think it's because SYSTEM
    account has no restrictions.

    are the KB wrong about ASPNET priviledges? do i have to give it some other
    priv? i tried to run aspnet_regiis.exe but without results.

    thnx i.a. for the answers,
    Marco
    M. Simioni, Apr 17, 2005

  2. M. Simioni

    M. Simioni Guest

    sorry, Visual Studio .NET 2002 and not 2003

    messaggio news:YPu8e.2344$...

    M. Simioni, Apr 17, 2005