ASPNet projects created under VS2002 won't run

TLin2100

I have been away from .NET development for 18 months. I recently installed
VisualStudio 2003. I have no trouble compiling and running new C# ASP.Net
projects, but when I try to open and run one of the ASP.Net projects I wrote
under VS2002, I get the following error:

"Unable to start debugging on the web server. Project is not configured to
be debugged."

My web.config file does contain the line debug="true"

Comparing the web.config under VS2003 and VS2002, I noted that there is now
an Authorization section, so I added that to the web.config of my old
project.

Didn't make any difference.

What do I need to do to rewrite and rerun my old ASPNet programs?

Tony Lin

Fremont, CA

Guest

Did you upgrade the project to 2003? The ISAPI info in IIS has to be upgraded
as well. What is it, run the appropriate reg_iis.exe???

Guest

Use aspnet_regiis /i in the Framework 1.1 directory. That should set all
sites to 1.1. If you still have other 1.0 sites, you can use aspnet_regiis
for the particular site, using this syntax.

aspnet_regiis -s w3svc/1/root/ApplicationName

From:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;816782

---

Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

***************************
Think Outside the Box!
***************************

TLin2100

Greg,

Running aspnet_regiis /i from my Framework 1.1 solved the problem!

The mistake I made is that I ran this program shortly after I installed
Framework 1.1 but BEFORE I had set up the virtual web directories in IIS -
therefore, when I ran it, none of my original directories got converted.

Once I ran it AFTER I set up the virtual directories, things are fine.

Thanks

Tony Lin
Fremont, CA