ASPNet projects created under VS2002 won't run

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by TLin2100, Oct 15, 2004.

  1. TLin2100

    TLin2100 Guest

    I have been away from .NET development for 18 months. I recently installed
    VisualStudio 2003. I have no trouble compiling and running new C# ASP.Net
    projects, but when I try to open and run one of the ASP.Net projects I wrote
    under VS2002, I get the following error:

    "Unable to start debugging on the web server. Project is not configured to
    be debugged."

    My web.config file does contain the line debug="true"

    Comparing the web.config under VS2003 and VS2002, I noted that there is now
    an Authorization section, so I added that to the web.config of my old
    project.

    Didn't make any difference.

    What do I need to do to rewrite and rerun my old ASPNet programs?

    Tony Lin

    Fremont, CA
    TLin2100, Oct 15, 2004

  2. Did you upgrade the project to 2003? The ISAPI info in IIS has to be upgraded
    as well. What is it, run the appropriate reg_iis.exe???

    =?Utf-8?B?QnJhZCBSb2JlcnRz?=, Oct 15, 2004

  3. Use aspnet_regiis /i in the Framework 1.1 directory. That should set all
    sites to 1.1. If you still have other 1.0 sites, you can use aspnet_regiis
    for the particular site, using this syntax.

    aspnet_regiis -s w3svc/1/root/ApplicationName

    From:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;816782

    ---

    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    ***************************
    Think Outside the Box!
    ***************************

    =?Utf-8?B?Q293Ym95IChHcmVnb3J5IEEuIEJlYW1lcikgLSBN, Oct 15, 2004
  4. TLin2100

    TLin2100 Guest

    Greg,

    Running aspnet_regiis /i from my Framework 1.1 solved the problem!

    The mistake I made is that I ran this program shortly after I installed
    Framework 1.1 but BEFORE I had set up the virtual web directories in IIS -
    therefore, when I ran it, none of my original directories got converted.

    Once I ran it AFTER I set up the virtual directories, things are fine.

    Thanks

    Tony Lin
    Fremont, CA

    "Cowboy (Gregory A. Beamer) - MVP" <> wrote
    in message news:D...

    TLin2100, Oct 18, 2004