    websites files and view them.

    Thanks,

    Telman
    news.microsoft.com, Jul 31, 2003

  2. news.microsoft.com

    Dave Guest

    Guys,

    I think I have the same issue because I'm trying to setup
    Integrated Security in my connection string for an
    ASP.NET app.

    So does this mean I can create an IUSER_<website> account
    for each website I have running and give that IUSR
    account access to it's respective SQL Database?

    Right now the only way I got Integrated Security to work
    and connect to the sample Northwind database was to add a
    SQL Login as <mymachine>\ASPNET and giving the ASPNET
    account access to Northwind DB.

    In a real scenerio I think I should have a different
    machine account for each website and it's supporting
    databases only.

    Can you confirm? Thanks,Dave

    runs under own
    >| username and password so customers can not access

    other customer's
    >website.
    >| How do I do that with .NET? What is the best running

    ASPNET in Shared
    >| Hosting Environment? Right now ASP.NET user can

    access all other
    >customers
    >| websites files and view them.
    >
    >In IIS 6 you can specify different users to run ASPNET

    Worker Process.

    >In IIS 5 you must enforce <identity impersonate="true"/>

    from

    http://www.altaircom.net

    http://www.rider.cz

    Dave, Aug 7, 2003