ASPNET user

mrsh

as we know The .NET Framework runs all ASP.NET processes under the local
ASPNET
account.
is there anyw ay that I can change the user and instead of a local user use
a Domain user ?
thnx
Mahmoudreza

Juan T. Llibre

re:
as we know The .NET Framework runs all ASP.NET processes under the local ASPNET account.

Actually, that only happens under Windows XP and Windows 2000.

Under Windows Server 2003, the account is "NT Authority\Network Service".

re:
is there anyw ay that I can change the user and instead of a local user use a Domain user ?

Sure.

See :
How To: Create a Service Account for an ASP.NET 2.0 Application
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnpag2/html/paght000009.asp

ASP.NET Required Access Control Lists (ACLs)
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/kwzs111e.aspx

For ASP.NET 1.1, see :
How To: Create a Custom Account to Run ASP.NET 1.1
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnnetsec/html/secnetht01.asp