    a Domain user ?
    thnx
    Mahmoudreza

    mrsh, Jul 29, 2006

  2. re:
    > as we know The .NET Framework runs all ASP.NET processes under the local ASPNET account.

    Actually, that only happens under Windows XP and Windows 2000.

    Under Windows Server 2003, the account is "NT Authority\Network Service".

    re:
    > is there anyw ay that I can change the user and instead of a local user use a Domain user ?

    Sure.

    See :
    How To: Create a Service Account for an ASP.NET 2.0 Application
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnpag2/html/paght000009.asp

    ASP.NET Required Access Control Lists (ACLs)
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/kwzs111e.aspx

    For ASP.NET 1.1, see :
    How To: Create a Custom Account to Run ASP.NET 1.1
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnnetsec/html/secnetht01.asp

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/

    Juan T. Llibre, Jul 29, 2006