    to start converting some old asp solutions to aspnet. Is this going to be
    possible using XP Pro with SP1?

    Anyone know of any good examples of this anywhere?

    DevBoy, Aug 12, 2003

  2. You just need to have IIS installed on XP Pro in order to develop ASP.NET
    pages. If you installed IIS after you installed the framework, you can just
    run the aspnet_regiis tool in order to get your machine configured with the
    proper handlers.

    I'm not aware of a conversion tool - ASP.NET is a whole new beast, and while
    there are syntactically a number of things that will still work, you won't
    be leveraging the power of the framework until you start doing things a
    whole new way.

    --
    Chris Jackson
    Software Engineer