aspnet worker recycle question.

ashish

I was wondering that when the aspnet worker process gets recycled, would
it call Application_end of all the appdomains loaded.

I have a problem where i have a state between commiting some value to
the database, and i want to make sure that the state gets completed or
rolled back, so i was thinking about storing values in the application's
cache with dependencies.

I cannot use session because it is out of process.

Any help/pointers on this would be greatly appreciated.

regards
-ashish

Scott Allen

Yes, the application does call Application_End before the appdomain
unloads, but I wouldn't say it happens 100% of the time. Certain error
conditions can force the process to terminate with no warning - so I
wouldn't want to rely on Applicaiton_End to rollback a piece of state.