aspnet_client dir ??

Rob R. Ainscough

I've noticed that installing .NET 2.0 framework after IIS 6 installed (per
requirement for ASP .NET 2.0 based web apps) will create an aspnet_client
dir under my web sites -- why?

I've successfully removed the dir without it affecting my web app (which is
based on ASP .NET 2.0). Can someone fill me in on what this dir is and why
it gets created and do I really need it? (doesn't appear so, but not sure).

Thanks, Rob.