aspnet_client folder

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by xfile, Sep 30, 2006.

  1. xfile

    xfile Guest

    Hi,

    We recently moved one of our hosted sites to a Net 2.0 server and are
    preparing to experiment 2.0 programming. PS: we are novice in this area.

    However, I have a question about aspnet_client folder and appreciate your
    kind advise.

    This site was supported by Net 1.x, and it has a root folder called:
    aspnet_client and under it, it has several "version(??)" sub-folders.

    When our ISP moved this site to an 2.0 server, this folder is remained as
    the same and has no changes.

    We asked ISP about if there should be something added or changed for that
    folder (as I read from some articles, this is necessary for using client
    control)? Their response is that it has been set from within IIS and we
    should not experience problems.

    I tried a few ASP.Net controls with EW (Expression Web or Expression Web
    Designer - a to-be web editing tool for replacing FrontPage and current in
    beta 1), and it seems ok.

    So my question is - Do we still need "aspnet_client" folder in the root, and
    if so, what will be the content is that folder and its purpose?

    Many thanks for your advise.
    xfile, Sep 30, 2006

  2. xfile

    Scott M. Guest

    The aspnet_client folder contains the client-side code used by some of the
    ASP.NET Web Form controls (namely the validation controls). The scripts
    contained in this folder get called by web pages that utilize controls that
    need these scripts (again, the validation controls). If you use a control
    that needs one of the scripts in this folder and the script can't be found,
    then that control will not be able to do its client-side job.

    I am not sure if the 2.0 Framework has any new scripts or has the need to
    modify any of the previous scripts, but the folder is necessary.

    Scott M., Oct 4, 2006

  3. xfile

    xfile Guest

    Hi,

    Thanks and sorry for returning late.

    But I got your message and thanks again :)

    xfile, Nov 1, 2006