    in IIS to the machine's c:\inetpub\wwwroot\aspnet_client folder? Would this
    create security issues? If it is OK to do this, should it be a virtual
    directory or virtual application?

    =?Utf-8?B?TXVycmF5VGg=?=, Dec 10, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TXVycmF5VGg=?=

    Lars Netzel Guest

    I just have one aspnet_client folder as a subfolder in wwwroot. That's it,
    everything works fine. It's just a folder, not anything virtual at all.

    /Lars

    Lars Netzel, Dec 10, 2004

  3. Perhaps it is not always needed, but I've read (and confirmed by trying it)
    that not having an aspnet_client folder in an web application will cause
    problems with some ASP controls, such as validation, and that an
    aspnet_client directory should be there for each site.

    I am trying out the aspnet_client as a virtual application within each
    site's root in IIS, rather than copying the same physical files to each
    site's directory on the server. It seems to work fine, but I'm wondering if
    I'm opening up myself to other troubles.

    =?Utf-8?B?TXVycmF5VGg=?=, Dec 10, 2004