aspnet_compiler and HTM files

venom00

Hello, I have an application which uses HTM files as if they were
ASPX, so they can contain code and everything is working fine. But I
want to compile the website through the aspnet_compiler tool, which
seems to work just on ASPX files, is there a way to use it also on HTM
files? Are there good alternatives to aspnet_compiler?
I've also tried to decompile aspnet_compiler but i couldn't find any
explicit reference to the ASPX extension.

Thanks in advance,
venom00

Gregory A. Beamer

Hello, I have an application which uses HTM files as if they were
ASPX, so they can contain code and everything is working fine. But I
want to compile the website through the aspnet_compiler tool, which
seems to work just on ASPX files, is there a way to use it also on HTM
files? Are there good alternatives to aspnet_compiler?
I've also tried to decompile aspnet_compiler but i couldn't find any
explicit reference to the ASPX extension.

<httpHandlers>
<add verb="*" path="*.htm" type="System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory"/>
<httpHandlers>

You may need ot remove the path first, as .htm is a standard HTML file.
I believe this will get you past the compilation issue.

Peace and Grace,

--
Gregory A. Beamer (MVP)

Twitter: @gbworld