aspnet_compiler outputs non-runtime files?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?Y3Nya2luZw==?=, Apr 7, 2006.

  1. From what I can tell I am using this tool correctly, but when I look at the
    target folder where the pre-compiled outputs are, it is including the .sln
    file, the .resx files, and the various source-safe control files.

    I obviously don't want to deploy these files so how can I stop it from doing
    this?

    Specifically, this project is an ASP.Net Web Service application that was
    converted from VS2003 to VS2005.

    The command-line that I execute is:
    aspnet_compiler -p "C:\work\correspondence\Opgt Correspondence
    Solution\CorrespondenceWS" -v / c:\temp\CorrespondenceWS -f -fixednames

    and the generated folder structure is:
    C:\TEMP\CORRESPONDENCEWS
    │ BATPADDIN.dot
    │ CorrespondenceWS.csproj.vspscc
    │ CorrespondenceWS.sln
    │ CorrespondenceWS.vssscc
    │ DocumentService.asmx
    │ DocumentService.asmx.resx
    │ Global.asax.resx
    │ mssccprj.scc
    │ PrecompiledApp.config
    │ precompile_commandline.txt
    │ templatedata.xsd
    │ templatedata.xsx
    │ Web.config
    │
    └───bin
    App_Code.compiled
    App_Code.dll
    App_global.asax.compiled
    App_global.asax.dll
    CSLA.Core.Bindablebase.dll
    CSLA.Core.Bindablebase.pdb
    CSLA.dll
    CSLA.pdb
    CSLA.Server.DataPortal.dll
    CSLA.Server.DataPortal.pdb
    CSLA.Server.ServicedDataPortal.dll
    CSLA.Server.ServicedDataPortal.pdb
    documentservice.asmx.cdcab7d2.compiled
    Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.dll
    Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.pdb
    Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.ExceptionManagement.dll
    Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.ExceptionManagement.Interfaces.dll
    Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.ExceptionManagement.Interfaces.pdb
    Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.ExceptionManagement.pdb
    Opgt.Framework.Correspondence.dll
    Opgt.Framework.Correspondence.pdb
    Opgt.Framework.CustomAttributes.dll
    Opgt.Framework.CustomAttributes.pdb
    Opgt.Framework.CustomExceptions.dll
    Opgt.Framework.CustomExceptions.pdb
    Opgt.Framework.Utilities.dll
    Opgt.Framework.Utilities.pdb
    Opgt.Web.Authentication.dll
    Opgt.Web.Authentication.pdb

    ANy help or suggestions are appreciated.

    -- /chris

    =?Utf-8?B?Y3Nya2luZw==?=, Apr 7, 2006