aspnet_regiis not working

Random

I cannot set up a new ASP.NET project. I get the message...

Visual Studio.NET has detected that the specified Web server is not running
ASP.NET version 1.1 You will be unable to run ASP.NET Web applications or
services.

Yes, I've followed all the advice to make sure this is installed properly,
including completely uninstalling and reinstalling .NET, and running
aspnet_regiis with the uninstall everything switch so make sure I didn't
have version incompatibility.

One clue to this behavior is that while .aspx pages DO process if I set them
up manually, they won't run off localhost, I have to use the machine name
(yes, it is the same machine).

Any help here??

Kevin Spencer

Apparently, your machine doesn't have a Hosts entry for "localhost."

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

Random