aspnet_regiis -pc operation does not honor -size argument (.NET 2.

Guest

When creating a key container with aspnet_regiis, I tried to specify a size
of 2048 bits but the resulting key was 1024 bits long. I also tried various
other sizes, all of which resulted in a key of 1024 bits. The aspnet_regiis
program does check the value of the -size argument, because it does not allow
an invalid key size, but it seems to not use the size given.

I am using aspnet_regiis in a script to generate the key pair and also to
grant access to the ASPNET account. I'd like to use a stronger key than 1024
bits (RSA) but until I find a solution, it'll have to do.

Guest

Hi Juan -

I've tried to submit a bug but I cannot apply for permission.

Thanks,

Joshua