    An error has occurred (0x80070005
    You must have administrative rights on this machine in order to run this tool

    Is this because my server is a domain controller and therefore has no local administrative account?

    =?Utf-8?B?QnJlbmRhbiBXYXJk?=, Apr 3, 2004

  2. It can have a local admin account, but the account you are using is
    obviously not one. You will need to get a sys admin to add you into that
    group, or get them to run the command for you.

    --
    - Paul Glavich
    Microsoft MVP - ASP.NET

    "Brendan Ward" <> wrote in message
    > I am currently running IIS 5.0 on my Windows 2000 domain controller. When

    I try to copy the asp.net client side scripts to the aspnet_client
    subdirectory of each IIS site directory using the command "aspnet_regiis -i"
    I receive the following error:

    Paul Glavich [MVP - ASP.NET], Apr 3, 2004