aspnet_regiis

Guest

I am currently running IIS 5.0 on my Windows 2000 domain controller. When I try to copy the asp.net client side scripts to the aspnet_client subdirectory of each IIS site directory using the command "aspnet_regiis -i" I receive the following error

An error has occurred (0x80070005
You must have administrative rights on this machine in order to run this tool

Is this because my server is a domain controller and therefore has no local administrative account?

Paul Glavich [MVP - ASP.NET]

It can have a local admin account, but the account you are using is
obviously not one. You will need to get a sys admin to add you into that
group, or get them to run the command for you.

--
- Paul Glavich
Microsoft MVP - ASP.NET