aspnet_regsql Database Errors

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by jj .NET, Jun 6, 2006.

  1. jj .NET

    jj .NET Guest

    I have several sites and membership databases on the same test
    computer. They all have different names, so there is no problem.
    However, now my Website Administration Tool won't create the ASPNETDB
    database for me correctly. It creates the database, but doesn't add
    the correct schema. When I attempt to use the aspnet_regsql tool, I
    get the following error:

    =================

    Setup failed.

    Exception:
    An error occurred during the execution of the SQL file
    'InstallMembership.sql'. The SQL error number is -2 and the
    SqlException message is: Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed
    prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.

    Details of failure

    SQL Server:
    Database: [ASPNETDB]
    SQL file loaded:
    InstallMembership.sql

    Commands failed:

    EXEC sp_addrolemember N'aspnet_Membership_BasicAccess',
    N'aspnet_Membership_FullAccess'
    EXEC sp_addrolemember N'aspnet_Membership_ReportingAccess',
    N'aspnet_Membership_FullAccess'

    SQL Exception:
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Timeout expired. The timeout
    period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is
    not responding.
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException
    exception, Boolean breakConnection)
    at
    System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject
    stateObj)
    at
    System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.ReadSniError(TdsParserStateObject
    stateObj, UInt32 error)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.ReadSni(DbAsyncResult
    asyncResult, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.ReadPacket(Int32
    bytesExpected)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.ReadBuffer()
    at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.ReadByte()
    at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior,
    SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream,
    BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteNonQueryTds(String
    methodName, Boolean async)
    at
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(DbAsyncResult
    result, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
    at System.Web.Management.SqlServices.ExecuteFile(String file, String
    server, String database, String dbFileName, SqlConnection connection,
    Boolean sessionState, Boolean isInstall, SessionStateType
    sessionStatetype)

    Can anyone help me out with this?

    JJ
    jj .NET, Jun 6, 2006