aspnet_wp and upload/replace file deadlock

lc

I'm building a small image gallery type of site and along with it I'm
adding a few pages for site maintenance. One of the maintenance
functions is to replace an image (haven't tried delete and new image
yet). All available images sit in a subfolder.

In one par of the form with image replace request I show a datalist
hooked up to a paging data table. The other part of the form show a
single big image that's being edited and is hooked up to another table.
This big-image part of the form also has the File Field input field
etc... The whole process seems to be fine until I try to delete the
original image file before calling FileField.PostedFile.SaveAs. The
error is caused by (multiple) aspnet_wp processes locking the original
file. Is there any way to get around this problem? I develop on XP with
Studio .NET 2003.

TIA

lc