ASPNet_WP Crashing

Derek Martin

Hi list, I have created a web app with VS2k3.net using VB.net and everything
was working fine until something went wrong and now all attempts to get at
*any* .net based page on the server returns Service Unavailable to the user
and an Error in the Event log that says this:

aspnet_wp.exe (PID: 2872) stopped unexpectedly.

and

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( .NET Runtime ) cannot be
found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or
message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following
information is part of the event: .NET Runtime version 1.1.4322.2032-
aspnet_wp.exe - Common Language Runtime Debugging Services: Application has
generated an exception that could not be handled.
Process id=0xb38 (2872), Thread id=0x5a4 (1444).
Click OK to terminate the application.
Click CANCEL to debug the application..

What happened?? How do I fix this?
Thanks,
Derek

OeufTete

I have the same problem on our production boxes.

Things do start to work again once the aspnet_wp process
comes back, but it just happens again later. It doesn't appear
that this is a normal recycle either.

Is there a solution? Things to try?

I see lots of stuff on the web about this problem (or type of
problem), but no answers.

Posted at:
www.GroupSrv.com