    I've reinstalled IIS, VS.NET, run the aspnet_regiis, changed the
    Processmodel in the machine.config to run as SYSTEM and a host of other
    things. I'm stuck here.

    =?Utf-8?B?dGhleWFzQGNvbW11bml0eS5ub3NwYW0=?=, Dec 16, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?dGhleWFzQGNvbW11bml0eS5ub3NwYW0=?=

    gerry Guest

    Was there any resolution to this problem ?
    We just starting encountering this same behaviour on W2kServer - I am
    assuming this is related to recent windows updates.

    This seems to be a not-unheard of problem - there have been a couple of
    posts regarding this issue although I have yet to see any resolution.

    Gerry

    "" <>
    wrote in message news:...
    > Windows XP SP2, VS 2003, IIS 5.1, IE 6.0, Symantec AV 9.0.0.xxx
    >
    > After upgrading my system to XP SP2, I have not been able to debug. After
    > working through various other problems, I'm down to the point where "the

    only
    > thing I cannot do" (I almost don't dare say that since I'm almost sure to
    > have something else) is attach to the aspnet_wp process. If I run an

    ASP.NET
    > service (which works and would always leave an aspnet_wp process I could
    > attach to), it runs, I see the aspnet_wp process show up in the task

    manager
    > and then go away when the page in my browser is fully displayed. All

    other
    > ASP pages behave similarly--whether the page has errors or not. If I hit

    F5,

    gerry, Dec 20, 2004

  3. Aha!! I found the answer elsewhere! Kudos to Everett Munis (and whoever at
    MS helped him out)!!

    Go to "Properties" on the "Default Web Site" (In IIS management console) and
    select "Home Directory" tab. Click the "Configuration" button. Under the
    "Mappings" tab, make sure the "Cache ISAPI applications" is checked.

    Here's the post that solved it for me, over in the dotnet.framework.aspnet
    group. The first post appeared 11/30/2004 10:14 AM PST and was titled
    "Problems with aspnet_wp.exe". The third reply (by the original poster)
    recounted all (OK, well, some) of the gory details of the fix.

    Dunno if this link will work, if not follow the directions above to get to it.

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/newsgroup...icrosoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet&fltr=

    Lowell

    =?Utf-8?B?dGhleWFzQGNvbW11bml0eS5ub3NwYW0=?=, Jan 3, 2005